Who We Are
For the Nations DC is a nonprofit ministry serving English language learners and their children in the Washington, DC, area. We teach English to adults three days per week and offer care for children ages 6 months to 5 years old during English classes.
To offer hope and help to immigrant families through quality English instruction while aiding students in cultural navigation and community resource connections. We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ as the ultimate hope of healing for the brokenness we all experience.
- Provide quality English classes at a low cost, including literacy-level classes to make learning accessible to those who have had little to no opportunity for formal education.
- Provide childcare during English classes. This enables moms of young children to learn English and have social interaction. This gives children an opportunity to participate in fun and developmentally appropriate activities that will expose them to the English language and help prepare them for school.
- Help our students navigate life in a new culture, including connecting them to community resources that can help meet their practical needs beyond learning English.
- Give students from all backgrounds the opportunity to read stories from the Bible and learn what the Bible says about God.
- Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ as the ultimate hope of healing for the brokenness we all experience.